HOW TO FACE YOUR E4B TEST BY DRS. IGNATIUS SEPTO PRAMESWORO, M. ED. TESOL
HOW TO FACE YOUR E4B TEST
DRS. IGNATIUS SEPTO PRAMESWORO, M. ED. TESOL
I. ADJECTIVE CLAUSE – SEPARATION
- The Bekasi District Court in West Java has sentenced five of the 19 suspects found guilty of producing and distributing fake vaccines, which sparked public uproar last year to various prison terms.
- Teman Ahok that works to gather support for Ahok to run as an independent candidate had collected around 630,000 IDs belonging to Jakartans.
II. ADJECTIVE CLAUSE – COMBINING
A. The dispute includes the pretext for sending any individual to pre-trial detention.
B. The defamation clauses arguably have become the most effective instrument for repercussion against any individual in any special dispute.
THE COMPLEX SENTENCE USING ADJECTIVE CLAUSE: ——-
A. Their certified palm oil and palm kernel oil outputs total 54% of all RSPO certified production.
B. The firms represent a range of large, midsized, and small operators.
THE COMPLEX SENTENCE USING ADJECTIVE CLAUSE: ——-
III. IF CLAUSE – CONDITIONALS – FILL IN
- Freeport Indonesia has repeatedly rejected the idea of contract conversion and stated that if the dispute ——- (prolong), it might take the case to international arbitration, a move that many deem would be costly for both parties.
- The government —— (take over) of the mining site if it won in the international arbitration tribunal.
IV. IF CLAUSE – CONDITIONALS – COMPLETING SENTENCES
- If there is a question over how to protect our investors abroad, ——-.
- Each of the eight power plants had had an electricity production capacity of between 25 MW and 100 MW if ——-.
V. TENSES – FILLING IN THE BLANKS
- Germany ——- (join) a growing list of countries and groups expressing concern over the antidrug campaign of the Philippine government last week.
- Since the signing of the international agreement, Germany ——- (consider) the Philippines as “a close partner of those who, like the government of Germany, reject this inhumane punishment under all circumstances.”
- Indonesia ——- (be) home to some of the richest biodiversity in the world.
VI. PASSIVE VOICE – FILLING IN THE BLANKS
- The results of the Nawacita evaluation by congress participants —— further (discuss) in the commission for recommendation, resolution and declaration.
- Defendants, Iin Sulastri and Syafrizal, —— (sentence) for their roles in assisting the production and spread of fake vaccines since last month.
- United manager Jose Mourinho was without suspended Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Ander Herrera, while Paul Pogba ——- (injur) and Henrikh Mkhitaryan was only on the substitutes’ bench.
VII. READING COMPREHENSION
Jakarta Mass Rapid Transit – North-South Line 1
AECOM’s multidisciplinary team is working together to solve the prolonged and complex traffic issues in Jakarta’s downtown areas. As a growing city, transportations issues have risen significantly in Indonesia’s capital, Jakarta. Without major breakthrough in transport infrastructure, Jakarta’s traffic will be in total jam in 2020 and this will cost the city 65 trillion rupiah per year.
In the planning stages for more than 20 years, Jakarta Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) is envisaged to alleviate the gridlock in the heart of a greater metro area which houses almost 30 million people. The Jakarta MRT will stretch across 110.8 kilometers. This includes 23.8 kilometers for the North-South Corridor (Lebak Bulus – Kampung Bandan) and 87 kilometers for East-West Corridor. Japan International Cooperation Agency is funding the first phase of the Jakarta MRT which comprises seven elevated stations and six underground stations along 15.7 kilometers of the South-North Corridor from Lebak Bulus to Bunderan HI.
AECOM is providing a wide range of design services for the construction of three elevated stations in South Jakarta, an 8.8-hectare depot and a 6-kilometers long viaduct. Our multidisciplinary team is responsible for structural, civil, geotechnical, mechanical, electrical and plumbing and architectural design with provision of noise studies.
AECOM = When Ashland chose to return to its core petroleum refining business in the late 1980s, Newman recommended an employee buyback proposal, resulting in the spin-off of Ashland Technology and the creation of AECOM (Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance) in 1990.
- READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
- What is the purpose of AECOM’s multidisciplinary team coming to Jakarta?
- Why do you think transportations issues have risen significantly in Indonesia’s capital?
- When will Jakarta have a stuck problem in its traffic?
- What problems will come if Jakarta does not solve its traffic? Give your own 2 reasons.
- What is the ‘noun’ word for the word ‘significantly’?
- What is the ‘adverb’ word for the word ‘cost’?
- What does the word ‘this’ in paragraph one, the last sentence, refer to?
- According to you, what is the meaning of the word ‘together’ in the first paragraph, the first line?
- What is the word in the text, the first paragraph, that has a similar meaning with the word ‘concerns’?
- What is the word in the text, the first paragraph, that can be replaced by the word ‘development’?
VIII. SENTENCE PATTERNS – MAKING SENTENCES
- S-V-O-O agreement
- S-V-O-C complicated
- S-LV-NOUN PHRASE governmental
- S-LV-COMPLEMENT uneasy
- S-V-O-A expensive
- S-V-O-O electricity SIMPLE PAST
- S-V-O-C best SIMPLE PRESENT
- S-LV-NOUN PHRASE lecturer PRESENT PERFECT
- S-LV-COMPLEMENT English PAST FUTURE
- S-V-O-A increase PRESENT CONTINUOUS